A case study to highlight the advantages of installing energy efficient products to Mr Jones Home in Denbighshire.
A 2.7 Kw solar PV system
A 3 m2 Evacuated tube Kingspan Solar thermal collector
Direct Debit has fallen from £96 per month to £55 a month for dual fuel
- Solar PV generation 2900 kwh x 16.7 pence / kwh = a) £484.00 per annum
- RHI rate for the solar thermal panel : 3180 kwh x 19.51 pence /kwh = b) £620.56 per annum
- Annual bill for gas and electric : £ 636
- Average annual fuel bill (dual Fuel) £ 1,226
- Fuel saving £590 per annum
- Total financial annual benefit (a+b+c) = £1,694.00 per annum
- Total earned over first 7 years (with 2 % inflation) = £12,000
- Total earned over first 20 years (with 2 % inflation) = £27,500
- Total cost of system : £9,800
- Profit over 20 years : £17,700
- Average Return on investment : 14%
- Results ….
- Installed in December 2014
- Both Gas and electricity usage have fallen dramatically.