What we do … Thermodynamic Systems
Eco friendly Hot water heating system that works day and night 365 days a year.
Thermodynamic Heating System works 24/7
- Works day and night.
- Works down to -10°C.
- Provides up to 100% of your domestic water.
- Heats water all year round.
- Panel can be fitted on any wall of your property.
- Panel is under 7kg.
- Durable Aluminium panel.
- Both sides of the panel absorb energy.
- Sealed system with R134a gas.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Compliant under MCS and can be used in SAP (Standard Assesment Proceedure) calculations to satisfy building control for new builds.
What is a Thermodynamic Hot water System
- Thermodynamic panels are unique renewable energy products that create hot water by absorbing heat from the surrounding atmosphere. They do this 365 days a year, 24 hours a day using the sun, wind and rain to absorb heat. (Water heating available day and night in all weather conditions)
- The technology works in reverse of your home refrigerator. Thermodynamic panels differ from thermal solar panels because they heat a refrigerant. The lower operating temperature allows them to harvest heat from the atmosphere rather than from the sun.
- The refrigerant enters the panels at a temperature of -22°C. Even on the coldest of UK winter days, they still absorb the heat from the air.
- This makes the Big Magic Thermodynamic Box an ideal money saving, green water heating solution for your home.
How does it work?
- The Thermodynamic Collector circulates refrigerant liquid. The heat energy is absorbed from the ambient environment. The refrigerant entering the panels is -22 degrees. This means that even a frosty cold day, there is enough energy to heat the water.
- The liquid is turned into a gas, which carries heat energy to the Solar Assisted Heat Pump.
- The Solar Assisted Heat Pump then compresses the gas which increases the temperature.
- The spent gas reverts back to a liquid which flows back in the panel, allowing the process to start again.
- At the same time, the gas heats the water within the cylinder.
- This continues until the water in the cylinder reaches 55C.
Is my Home suitable?
- You will need to have a hot water cylinder in your property with a space of approximately 750mm square.
- The greatest saving for this product is replacing direct electricity, LPG and oil.
- The panel can be installed on any outside wall The maximum pipe run from the panel to the cylinder is 15 metres.
Technology Types ….
The all in one combined system:
The “Big Magic Thermodynamic Box” combines an innovative Solar Assisted Heat Pump technology with an “A” rated and a “KIWA” approved stainless steel cylinder to create an all in one Eco hot water solution which is ideal for “New Build”.
The retrofit solution:
Keep your existing cylinder with “The Little Magic Thermodynamic Box Solar Assisted Heat Pump” which is designed to retrofit to all existing domestic hot water cylinder systems.