Hafod Renewable Energy was established in 2010. The North Wales and the North West’s leading installers of renewable technologies. Based in Denbigh, North Wales, Hafod Renewable Energy is a family run business. It is owned by father and son team Richard and David Jones.
David has a degree in “Renewable Energy Technology” and was one of the first in Wales to complete the course.
Richard has over 50 years experience in industrial engineering and his own plumbing and electrical business.
Hafod Renewable Energy has achieved combined success in both the design and implementation of renewable heating and solar projects across North Wales, Cheshire, Lancashire and Merseyside.
Hafod Renewable Energy has installed over 20,000 solar panels and over 500 bespoke renewable heating systems.
Hafod Renewable Energy has unrivalled experience and expertise!
Hafod Renewable Energy offers the latest cutting edge technologies giving the end user the best solution.
Director David Jones comments;
It’s been incredible, to think we used to run out of a small shop in Denbigh 6 years ago. We now operate out of a 125sqM industrial unit and have 8 full time staff!
- 2010 … Hafod Renewable Energy is established by father and son Richard and David Jones and gained ‘Government approved’ MCS Accreditation.
- 2011 … Open new office and showroom in the town centre of Denbigh
- 2012 … Complete a flagship 50Kw Solar PV system at Holyhead Marine Services, (one of the first large solar array in Wales)
- 2012 … Due to growth and expansion, relocate premises to larger unique showroom on the Industrial estate Denbigh, Launch showroom to the public and existing customers
- 2013 … Complete a high profile successful community energy project at Denbigh Rugby Club opened by the Mayor of Denbigh.
- 2013 … Hafod have a successful week trading at the National Eisteddfod in their home tome of Denbigh.
- 2014 … Further growth within all the sectors leads to Hafod moving to a larger warehouse to keep up with supply and demand of all the renewable services they offer.
- 2016 … Complete ‘Bryn Cwnin Developments’ A successful commercial ground source heating project heating six high class Grade 2 listed barn conversions
- 2016 … Design and install a 83Kw rooftop solar array at new development Holywell Learning Campus, Flintshire. The school is a £30 million super school development.
- 2017 … Shortlisted for two awards in the 2017 National Energy Efficiency Awards held in the NEC, Birmingham and awarded a special commendation for the RHI Installer of the Year category!
Hafod Renewable Energy
Hafod Renewable Energy Website Contact Form
Hafod Renewable Energy News stories ....
A historic village school which closed more than 30 years ago has been given a new lease of life in its second career as a community centre after going ‘green’ by installing air-source heating system. Pentredwr School opened in 1909 when the village near...read more
Solar pv cleaning is vital to your panels generating money. Hafod Renewable Energy recommend annuall periodic cleaning to keep your solar pv system in tip top condition. Algae and moss build up on your panels can cause severe reduction in generation, you...read more
Hafod Renewables, from Denbigh, have been short-listed in two categories in the UK-wide Energy Efficiency Awards which will be presented at a glittering ceremony at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole, at the NEC, later this month (September). The event will...read more
Customers and staff are now as warm as toast at the busy Jewson Llangefni branch following the installation of mighty double biomass boilers. The Anglesey builders’ merchant branch on the town’s industrial estate was, until recently, heated with oil boilers but to...read more
Press release Friday February 3rd 2017 Hafod Renewables teams up with Tesla for batteries to power the home Hafod Renewables is celebrating after clinching a deal to fit solar-powered batteries made by the manufacturers of the Tesla high performance electric cars....read more
Press release Friday February 3rd 2017 Equine Specialists Jump to a Sustainable Heating Solution Established over 30 years ago by current owner Ray Owen’s grandfather, the renowned trainer Edward Hollister Owen, Tyrnog Liveries at Llandyrnog in North Wales is...read more
Press release Thursday January 12th 2017 Bright outlook for impressive new super school powered by the sun The power of the sun is helping keep over 900 pupils of a £30 million new super school warm as toast as the first frosts of winter bite – and saving £10,000 a...read more
Press release Thursday April 14 2016 Helping a neighbour save money A North Wales company was delighted to be a good neighbour when the firm next door decided to relocate to new premises. Hafod Renewable Energy, specialists in providing renewable energy technologies...read more
A case study to highlight the advantages of installing energy efficient products to Mr Jones Home in Denbighshire. Technologies Installed A 2.7 Kw solar PV system A 3 m2 Evacuated tube Kingspan Solar thermal collector Direct Debit has fallen from £96 per month to £55...read more