About us …
Hafod Renewable Energy was established in 2010. The North Wales and the North West’s leading installers of renewable technologies. Based in Denbigh, North Wales, Hafod Renewable Energy is a family run business. It is owned by father and son team Richard and David Jones.
David has a degree in “Renewable Energy Technology” and was one of the first in Wales to complete the course.
Richard has over 50 years experience in industrial engineering and his own plumbing and electrical business.
Hafod Renewable Energy has achieved combined success in both the design and implementation of renewable heating and solar projects across North Wales, Cheshire, Lancashire and Merseyside.
Hafod Renewable Energy has installed over 20,000 solar panels and over 500 bespoke renewable heating systems.
Hafod Renewable Energy has unrivalled experience and expertise!
Hafod Renewable Energy offers the latest cutting edge technologies giving the end user the best solution.
Director David Jones comments;
It’s been incredible, to think we used to run out of a small shop in Denbigh 6 years ago. We now operate out of a 125sqM industrial unit and have 8 full time staff!
- 2010 … Hafod Renewable Energy is established by father and son Richard and David Jones and gained ‘Government approved’ MCS Accreditation.
- 2011 … Open new office and showroom in the town centre of Denbigh
- 2012 … Complete a flagship 50Kw Solar PV system at Holyhead Marine Services, (one of the first large solar array in Wales)
- 2012 … Due to growth and expansion, relocate premises to larger unique showroom on the Industrial estate Denbigh, Launch showroom to the public and existing customers
- 2013 … Complete a high profile successful community energy project at Denbigh Rugby Club opened by the Mayor of Denbigh.
- 2013 … Hafod have a successful week trading at the National Eisteddfod in their home tome of Denbigh.
- 2014 … Further growth within all the sectors leads to Hafod moving to a larger warehouse to keep up with supply and demand of all the renewable services they offer.
- 2016 … Complete ‘Bryn Cwnin Developments’ A successful commercial ground source heating project heating six high class Grade 2 listed barn conversions
- 2016 … Design and install a 83Kw rooftop solar array at new development Holywell Learning Campus, Flintshire. The school is a £30 million super school development.
- 2017 … Shortlisted for two awards in the 2017 National Energy Efficiency Awards held in the NEC, Birmingham and awarded a special commendation for the RHI Installer of the Year category!
Contact us .... Hafod Renewable Energy
Unit 10, Pen Isa'r Waen
eMail: [email protected]
Tel 01745 814 369
Mob 07584 424 743
Hafod Renewable Energy
Hafod Renewable Energy Website Contact Form
Hafod Renewable Energy News stories ....
Using ground source heating a draughty and derelict barn on an historic farm built by a royal tax collector has been transformed into a luxurious holiday let thanks to the dedication of a Denbighshire woman. Caerfallen, just north of Ruthin, was built for...read more
A revolutionary new solar battery system could see homes across the UK being paid to use electricity as well as supplying the National Grid, according to a an electronic engineering expert. Retired Bangor University lecturer David Last believes...read more
A Denbighshire company has won the prestigious top national renewable energy award at Wales’s renewable energy ‘Oscars’. Hafod Renewables have been crowned Wales’s Renewable Heating Installer (RHI) of the Year at a glittering awards ceremony at the Hilton...read more
Dumped dogs have become pampered pooches at a North Wales animal refuge which has gone ‘green’ to provide underfloor heating in its kennels. The £14,000 state of the art new system at North Clwyd Animal Rescue ensures new arrivals at the well-established...read more
”Germany set to pay customers for electricity usage as renewable energy generation creates huge power surplus”
''Germany set to pay customers for electricity usage as renewable energy generation creates huge power surplus'' Todays headline is a sign of things to come. The UK is not far behind and extra renewable energy produced at certain times of the...read more
A historic village school which closed more than 30 years ago has been given a new lease of life in its second career as a community centre after going ‘green’ by installing air-source heating system. Pentredwr School opened in 1909 when the village near...read more
Solar pv cleaning is vital to your panels generating money. Hafod Renewable Energy recommend annual periodic cleaning to keep your solar pv system in tip top condition. Algae and moss build up on your panels can cause severe reduction in generation, you...read more
Hafod Renewables, from Denbigh, have been short-listed in two categories in the UK-wide Energy Efficiency Awards which will be presented at a glittering ceremony at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole, at the NEC, later this month (September). The event will...read more
Customers and staff are now as warm as toast at the busy Jewson Llangefni branch following the installation of mighty double biomass boilers. The Anglesey builders’ merchant branch on the town’s industrial estate was, until recently, heated with oil boilers but to...read more
Press release Friday February 3rd 2017 Hafod Renewables teams up with Tesla for batteries to power the home Hafod Renewables is celebrating after clinching a deal to fit solar-powered batteries made by the manufacturers of the Tesla high performance electric cars....read more
Press release Friday February 3rd 2017 Equine Specialists Jump to a Sustainable Heating Solution Established over 30 years ago by current owner Ray Owen’s grandfather, the renowned trainer Edward Hollister Owen, Tyrnog Liveries at Llandyrnog in North Wales is...read more
Press release Thursday January 12th 2017 Bright outlook for impressive new super school powered by the sun The power of the sun is helping keep over 900 pupils of a £30 million new super school warm as toast as the first frosts of winter bite – and saving £10,000 a...read more